FiberPatrol FP400 is a zone-reporting fence-mounted fiber optic intrusion detection sensor that detects intruders climbing, cutting or lifting the fence fabric. The fiber optic sensor cable is completely immune to EMI and lightning and is intrinsically safe in explosive atmospheres, making it ideal for sites like electrical substations, pipeline valve and pump stations, oil and gas well-pads, and other critical infrastructure sites.
Categories: Perimeter Security, Border and Critical Infrastructure Security
Tag: Border Security
- Environmentally Derived Adaptive Processing Technology (EDAPT) mitigates the effects of wind and heavy rain
- Built-in Ethernet with PoE support
Fiber Optic Benefits
- No powered or conductive items required in the field
- Immune to EMI and lightning, intrinsically safe in explosive atmospheres
- Long sensor cable service life
- Unused fibers can be reused for other applications
- 4 detection zones per processor, with up to 300 m (984 ft) per zone
- Up to 20 km (12.4 mi) of insensitive lead cable to zone start
- Accurately detects and locates multiple simultaneous intrusions
How it works?
By monitoring the minute flexing of its sensor cable, the FP400 detects intruders climbing, cutting or lifting the fence fabric. High-speed sampling ensures that the FP400 processor captures a precise picture of the fence signal. Advanced Digital Signal Processing (DSP) and tunable detection settings enable the FP400 to adapt to fences of different types and conditions.